What to expect
Construction will take place in phases over three years between 2015 and 2018. ODOT will improve SE 82nd Avenue between SE Lindy Street and the Mount Scott Creek Bridge (near SE Sunnybrook Boulevard) for all users by repaving the roadway and installing sidewalk ramps at intersections to make it easier for everyone to get where they need to go.
ODOT completed the first phase of the project in summer 2015, which included repaving the southern portion of SE 82nd Avenue between SE King Road and the Mount Scott Creek Bridge. Construction crews also painted bike lanes between SE King Road and SE Sunnyside Road.
Work in 2017-2018
Project phases 2 and 3 will improve sidewalk ramps at key intersections between SE Lindy Street and the Mount Scott Creek Bridge. These phases will bring the sidewalk ramps up to the current ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) standards. While there is a larger need to improve sidewalks along SE 82nd Avenue, ODOT has selected several areas to improve during phases 2 and 3 based on available funds, available space for building a wider sidewalk, and areas of high use.
Phase 3 will include repaving SE 82nd Avenue between SE Lindy Street and SE King Road. Bike lanes will be added where the road is wide enough.
Working with the community to minimize disruptions
- Construction updates. Before each construction phase starts, ODOT will notify businesses by mail to alert them of the work. ODOT will post weekly construction updates online. Concerns and questions can be submitted through this website at any time.
- Working on the sidewalks and ramps during the day. This work will have few impacts to motorists. Pedestrians will have detours to safely lead them around construction work. ODOT will work with TriMet to temporarily relocate bus stops in construction areas.
- Paving at night. Only one lane will be closed at a time and intersections will be affected for the least amount of time to finish the work. East – west travel across 82nd Avenue will be possible throughout the project.
- Expected nighttime paving schedule:
- Monday through Friday 7 p.m. to 5:30 a.m.
- Saturday and Sunday 7 p.m. to 10 a.m.
- We will monitor a 24-hour noise hotline: 503-412-2330
Do you have questions? Connect with us on our comment form.